Was LAN Removed?

I used to play this game with my roommates years ago, (probably 2015 or earlier). We really enjoyed it because at the time our internet situation was bad so we could only play LAN games most of the time, and Castle Story was one of our favorites even though there wasn't a lot to do at the time. I'm now in a similar situation and saw the game has had major updates, but I no longer see a LAN option when selecting multiplayer and my connection isn't stable enough to use P2P most of the time. Is LAN gone for good or is there a way to host a local server or something? Thanks!

Comments

• ShatojonShatojon Administrator Developer Backer Wiki Editor
    Hey!

Not at all, it's still there. Just make sure that once you're in the lobby browser (after clicking multiplayer > join), on the left hand menu, you select "local server list". Make sure you're both on the same network of course and make sure you've both allowed the game through your firewall.
  • Okay thanks! We figured it out was just a port/firewall issue. Really happy how this game developed after so many years. Thanks again
  • ShatojonShatojon Administrator Developer Backer Wiki Editor
    Thanks! Enjoy :)