FPS falls below 30

Hello,

I am running your game from an Interl i7 with a GeForce GTX 1080 and after ~3 hours of game the FPS has falled under 30 fps and it usually run at 1-6 FPS. This game can't be played at this framerate ...

Please, fix it as soon as possible. At the moment, I regret to buy your game ...

Best regards,
Péter

Comments

• ShatojonShatojon Administrator Developer Backer Wiki Editor
    Hi Petibite,

Can you please send me your save file? If you have a massive number of dynamic structures going on and/or you spawned in more Bricktrons than the game allows you to via the debug panel for example, you could see some drastic loss of performance.
  • PetibitePetibite Member
    edited December 2018
    Hi Shatojon,

Yes, of course. I attached it.
    I had also changed every graphics settings to low or disabled.
    I haven't manipulated the number of Bricktons but Corruptrons maybe overpopulated because I feel this map difficult. Maybe, because of their quick resurrections and high population.

I'm running the latest publicly available version of Castle Story.
    I'm running Castle Story on the following hardwares:
    - Windows 10 Pro with the latest updates.
    - Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.20 GHz
    - Asus GeForce GTX 1080 TURBO
    - 2x8 GB DDR4 Corsair RAM

I don't have FPS issues with any other recent game.

Thank you in advance for checking it.
  • ShatojonShatojon Administrator Developer Backer Wiki Editor
    Hi Petibite,

I loaded your save file and I'm averaging 20 fps on worse specs than yours, but a smaller resolution ( 1600 x 900 ). Your game is quite big with over 9 hours of playtime, for Conquest, that's a pretty big session. The more dynamic structures (stockpiles, wards, crafting stations, etc.) there are in the game and the more units there are, the heavier the game becomes. The current state is normal and unfortunately, there's not much that can be done.

1-6 fps is a little extreme though, with these specs. Do you have other things running in the background that may be using a lot of your CPU/GPU?