bought game on steam; can't launch

So I've bought Castle Story a couple days ago, [using steam]. And once it finished installing I immediately clicked the "Play" button... But nothing happened. I uninstalled and reinstalled my game multiple times, and looked to find answers on the internet but nothing really made much sense to me. Please help!

Comments

• ShatojonShatojon Administrator Developer Backer Wiki Editor
    Hey Brobadonk,

First of all, can you post your full PC specs here?

When you say the "Play" button, do you mean the one in the Steam client, or the one in the Castle Story launcher with the video and the news?

Also, if you try going into your Steam/Steamapps/Common/Castle Story folder and directly launch Castle Story.exe (instead of the launcher or the Steam play button), does it work?
  • alright, I've never really got concerned with my specs before so I'll just give you what it's puttin out.

System Type - x64-based PC
    Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    SMBIOS Version - 2.8
    Installed Ram - 6.00 GB

And to answer your second question, I do mean the steam client "play" button. And I'll try the other way to open the launcher. Thanks for replying back
    Hey Brobadonk,

Going to need more specific specs - which operating system are you using (and is it 32 or 64 bit?) Also, which graphics card do you have?
  • oh I just recently tried launching the game from the file and it works! Thanks for helping again. The only thing that concerns me is the really bad fps I have. (It's probably just my trash computer) I'll still give you the specs too though:

64 bit
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400
    Hey Brobadonk,

You're definitely going to have a hard time running the game with these specs, sorry.