UI file location

Hi,I was wondering since UI Scaling doesn't seem to be coming soon is there a certain game file that I could edit to change the size of the UI in the game to something like half its size,to make smaller resolutions (such as 1024x768)playable?It would also help those with too small UIs for 4K screens.

Comments

• ShatojonShatojon Administrator Developer Backer Wiki Editor
    Hey Happier,

You won't find a single file or an easy way to "change the size of the UI" (if it was that easy, we'd have UI scaling in the game :D) but if you want to poke around, you can find the files in Castle Story\Info\Lua

You can also play with the "canvasScale" variable in Castle Story/Info/UserSettings - for example, setting it to 0.5 will halve the size of your UI. This is not a supported feature and will most likely not function properly.

In other news, we're currently looking into our options when it comes to UI scaling, it might still happen!
  • HappierbodiHappierbodi Member
    edited June 2018
    I'll try messing around with it. Thanks!

Update:So I set it to 0.5 and it worked,for the most part.While small text like bricktron names appeared blurry and was hard to see,the UI was much smaller and I was able to play on 600X400 windowed without any other problems.