Update 1.1.4 - The Hotkeys Update

Comments

• Is there a way to return the in-game menu back to the Esc key?
  • kravtsovolegkravtsovoleg Member
    edited April 2018
    It`s [RT]Siamant
    I am very saddened by this update.
    Most of our community is very upset.
    But let's start with the good:
    I am pleased with the rebalancing of the troops, I approve it.
    And now all the bad:
    Assigning hot keys, in my opinion invented by someone who did not play in castle story. Or someone who wants to hurt the game.

1) you have assigned hotkeys so terribly that most of the actions now are more profitable to do with the mouse.
    If you ever played the game using these hotkeys, you would realize that they are assigned awkward.

2) Why did you assign hot keys on the workbenches that are built only once during the whole fight?
    Why didn't you assign hotkeys to wards or merlons that are being built all the time?
    Whoever came up with it is very poorly versed in the game. Very rarely plays in it, and not knows, what players needs.

3) You have made blow to newcomers.
    All beginners entering the game looking for the main menu with settings by pressing Esc.
    - now by pressing Esc key they will get nothing.
    They will be very confused when they cannot find the settings or exit the game in the usual way.
    Not many people know about F10. They will use Alt+F4, or similar methods.
    I now have to reach for the F10 button to bring up the menu - and it is very inconvenient. Esc easy to find by touch, F10 hard. Why would you do that???
    Going to a submenu - I can't get out of it to a higher level by pressing the Esc - it's so uncomfortable!!!

3) Why, when I click "create new construction task" - a new task is not created, and what I choose is added to the existing task?
    Do I now have to select "enable task management" each time and split tasks?

Summary:
    you spent time on completely unnecessary and even harmful changes, instead of spending your time on something really useful for the game.
    For example, you could give an opportunity to look at the minimap during construction.
    Please bring everything back.
    Consult with the community about the purpose of hot keys and the convenience of their use in battle, if you do not know how to do it conveniently.

Russian translation:
    Я очень огорчен этим обновлением.
    Большая часть нашего сообщества очень расстроена.
    Но начнём с хорошего:
    Я доволен перебалансировкой войск, я одобряю это.
    А теперь всё плохое:
    Назначение горячих клавиш, на мой взгляд придумал тот кто совершенно не играет в Кастл стори. Или тот, кто хочет навредить игре.

1) Вы назначили горячие клавиши так ужасно, что большую часть действий выгоднее делать мышью.
    Если бы вы хоть раз сыграли в игру, используя эти горячие клавиши, вы бы поняли, что они назначены неудобно.

2) Зачем вы назначили горячие клавиши на верстаки, которые строятся лишь один раз за весь бой?
    Почему вы не назначили горячие клавиши для вардов или мерлонов, которые строятся постоянно?
    Тот кто придумал это - точно очень плохо разбирается в игре. Очень редко в неё играет, и не знает, что нужно игрокам.

3) Вы сделали удар по новичкам.
    Все новички, зайдя в игру ищут главное меню с настройками, нажимая клавишу Еск.
    - теперь нажимая эту клавишу они не получат ничего.
    Они будут очень растеряны, когда не смогут найти настройки или выйти из игры привычным способом.
    Не многие знают про Ф10. Они будут использовать Альт+Ф4, или подобные методы.
    Мне теперь, чтобы вызвать меню, приходится тянуться к кнопке Ф10 - и это очень неудобно. Еск найти наощупь легко, Ф10 сложно. Зачем вы так сделали???
    Зайдя в подменю - я не могу выйти из него на уровень выше клавишей Еск - это так неудобно!!!

3) Почему, когда я нажимаю "создать новое строительное задание" - новое задание не создаётся, а то, что я выберу добавляется к уже имеющемуся заданию?
    Мне теперь нужно каждый раз выбирать "включить управление чертежами" и разделять задания?

Резюме:
    вы потратили время на совершенно ненужные и даже вредные изменения, вместо того, чтобы потратить ваше время на что-то действительно полезное для игры.
    Например вы могли бы дать возможность смотреть на миникарту во время строительства.
    Верните пожалуйста всё назад.
    Проконсультируйтесь с сообществом по поводу назначения горячих клавиш и удобства их применения в бою, если не знаете, как сделать это удобно.
  • ShatojonShatojon Administrator Developer Backer Wiki Editor
    Hi Siamant,

You can change the hotkeys in the options.
  • Shatojon said:

Hi Siamant,

You can change the hotkeys in the options.

We had comfortable hotkeys.
    You could add the ability to assign new, but not knock down existing settings.
    I'm not sure that I can get it all back.
    The mechanics of the tasks changed for the worse
    You assigned initially uncomfortable hotkeys.
    Now, each player will have to reassign them for the normal game.
  • ShatojonShatojon Administrator Developer Backer Wiki Editor
    Hey Kravtsovoleg,

We reassigned them in a way that we felt made sense after observing people play Castle Story.

I'm sorry that you don't like the default keybindings, but that's why we've made the keybindings menu as simple to use as possible.
  • So is troop movement going to get a retooling, or at least give us firing modes? Getting tired of seeing builder Bricktrons suicide charging Bifftrons or Warlocks when those manage to penetrate a fortress vulnerability. Glad you're addressing multiplayer's "zerg rushing" problems, but I'm more of a PVE guy than PVP so this update really ain't worth much to me.
  • StaylerStayler Member
    edited April 2018
    Just do it so that you can redirect more buttons to another locations, and also export and import hot keys with file.
  • Hi,
    It's a good thing to have more hotkeys.
    But I expected to press only one hot key to do a task (e.g. "H" for harvest)

Is it possible to use ALTERNATIVE HOTKEY for global/direct-acces hotkey ?