Update 1.1.2 - Feedback improvements, caps & fixes.

ShatojonShatojon Administrator Developer Backer Wiki Editor
Heylo!

We're still on our epic quest to make Castle Story easier to play for new players and seasoned veterans alike. Today's update is yet another step in that direction.

Added a new icon that displays how many dead Bricktrons are preparing to respawn soon. It's at the bottom left, in your taskbar. It looks like a spoopy Bricktron skull.

Added a tooltip for the idle task.

Optimized the picking of buttons in the sidebar. The difference is minor, but along with other upcoming improvements, it'll add up into a noticeable difference.

Set a Bricktrons population cap to 15 and displayed it prominently in the taskbar. This helps us establish a preset on which we can further balance the game and improve performance. If you reeeeeeeaaaaaaally want to, you can change that cap in the gamemode's config.lua - but we do advise against it if you're worried about performance.

Limited tasks to 15 to resolve issues where the taskbar would get full and some tasks would break. Remember, you can remove unused tasks by opening the task and clicking on the red trashcan.

Bricktrons that have been "micromanaged" will now find their next task automatically considerably quicker. That means that if you manually tell a Bricktron to drop something, go somewhere or perform an action, once they're done, they'll go back into automated mode much faster. Those of you who tend to helicopter-parent your 'trons will see this as a considerable improvement. Oh also, remember you can tell your Bricktrons to stay put and not automate themselves by selecting them and hitting H. Hit it again to automate them. Super useful in Grab the Gems.

We've updated the icons for crafting stations to make it easier to know which does what. The chopping block shows planks, the furnace shows ingots, the loom shows a roll of fabric, the workbench shows an archer kit, the forge shows a knight's kit, you get the idea.

Improved the alert when the player is out of empty stockpiles. It's a lot more HEY, LISTEN! now.

Upgraded to Unity 5.6.5f1 which we believe will resolve a multiplayer stability issue.

Fixed an issue where it was possible to place blueprints outside of construction tasks by pressing B while paused.

Fixed an issue where the game would require several requests to unpause the game with the P key when entering then exiting the main menu while the game was paused.

As always, be sure to give this update a whirl and let us know what you think about the changes!

Comments

• Not sure what happens here:

lets see the config.lua:
    sv_Settings = {
    bricktronCap = 24,
    startingWorkersCount = 5,
    playerRelations = 0, --0 == allied, 1 == neutral, 2 == enemy

I thought it could be nice giving this game another try.

Just my 2 cents: For fighting 15 Bricktrons might work. But not for Sandbox building! As in the Sandbox are no enemies it should work. it should.

Teawan
  • ShatojonShatojon Administrator Developer Backer Wiki Editor
    Hey Teawan,

I'm not sure what you're reporting?
  • TeawanTeawan Member Backer
    edited March 2018
    I changed my config.lua to 24 Bricktrons for Sandbox. But I won't get them. The original game was created & saved with 1.1.1.
    EDIT: This happens only if load a game with more than 15 Bricktrons. With a new (V1.1.2) game you won't see this issue.
  • ShatojonShatojon Administrator Developer Backer Wiki Editor
    Hey Teawan,

It won't work on existing save files, you have to start a new game.