Tunnel task

So, my bricktrons keep getting stuck at tunneling tasks because they just go to the task, pick a random block to dig and more often then not they choose to dig the block that could have helped them get out. I keep having to either manually help them get out or wait for another bricktron to dig them out(which usually takes ages).

It would be nice if the bricktrons would dig from start to end and not just pick any block in the task.

Not sure if anyone else noticed this or have had this problem.

Comments

• ShatojonShatojon Administrator Developer Backer Wiki Editor
    Hey Wratox,

We're having a bit of a hard time understanding the issue you're describing. How did the Bricktrons get in the tunnel in the first place if now the way is blocked and they can't get out?
  • Sorry, my explanation was a bit vague.
    I use tunnels to dig like trenches, moats or whatever you want to call it, which means I usually start from ground level and dig down. Here's a picture:

Basically I use tunnel tasks trying to cut the island in half(to make sure corruptrons don't attck from that side).

I thought about the problem a bit and I think that the problem only occurs when the bricktrons have access to the tunnel task from above, because then they just choose a random block to dig, which often causes them to get in places where they can't get out.

Maybe I'm the only one to use tunnel tasks like this, but it's still very annoying to having to micro-manage my tunnel tasks instead of just setting up one big tunnel taska, because otherwise my bricktrons get themselves stuck.
  • ShatojonShatojon Administrator Developer Backer Wiki Editor
    Hey Wratox,

I showed this to our QA and he knows the issue you're talking about. From my understanding, doing it differently would take a considerable amount of rework which we haven't planned in the short term, but it's a known issue.

Thank you for taking the time to report it.

P.S: Have you considered walls to block Corruptrons from coming on one side? :P
  • Okay, thanks for the info, you're welcome.

I've used walls before, but having to repair and manage the walls when the corruptrons decide to not attack my main area of defence is more trouble then it's worth.

Also, on an completely unrelated note, the pathfinding for both corruptrons and bricktrons seems a bit broken at times. I'm currently playing on Riverrains, and as you saw in the picture above I've blocked off one side of the map. So when I send out bricktrons to collect resources on the blocked off side they take long detours and go around the map instead of using the bridges in the center of the map.. The same goes for corruptrons from what I've seen, not 100% sure though.