tytytytytyty Member
edited February 2018 in Bug Reports
Proc: i5-3450 (4 cores) 3.1GHz
RAM: 8GB

It starts after 10th bricktron is hired

Comments

• ShatojonShatojon Administrator Developer Backer Wiki Editor
    Hey tytyty,

We're aware of the freezes you get when there's a lot going on (10 Bricktrons should do it). Unfortunately there's not much you can do right now, but know that we are working on performance actively and trying to alleviate these lag spikes as much as possible.

One thing you could try is limiting FPS to 30, that might reduce the amount of garbage collection calls needed and hence reduce how often the spikes happen.

Once again, sorry about that.
  • I can not play this. Please, do something!
    This problem exists about half a year:
  • I absolutely agree, the lag spikes should be dealt with. I believe I've had the lag spikes much longer than 6 months. Just like is the case for you, the problem is not my hardware, but in the software. Unity can be hard to optimize, but using C# (assuming here, but you wouldn't have the garbage collect using C++) should allow the developers to use state-of-the-art debugging tools. Being a developer myself, it wouldn't surprise me that most of the issues (removing the lag-spike symptoms, if not the root causes) could be mitigated with 1-3 days development by an experienced developer (which you shouldn't be short of ;)

It feels terrible that I can't play up to 60 waves just because I can't select units and build new blocks without being interrupted by a lag spike.