Bricktrons on walkabout = Ragequit

Hey guys, loved the update but about mid-game the workers begin wandering randomly around the map during conquest. I tried carefully managing crystal acquisition, task placement and walking chokepoints and still have the problem.

Bricktrons activate enemies, get killed and trigger massive invasion.

Not going to play until AI is better. Too frustrating.

Comments

• ShatojonShatojon Administrator Developer Backer Wiki Editor
    They shouldn't be doing that. Can you upload your savefile?
  • argh. sorry. deleted in my bouts of fury.

Map was Riverrains, had started on single main crystal side, captured two shards immediately counter clockwise. Started to capture the shard just outside the central island. Bricktrons were pathing from original crystal clockwise away from all development (possibly to walk across island? or perhaps around the central hole?)

Will keep checking back to see if you release an AI update.
  • I noticed that bug on multiplayer.
  • Happened with me too in 1.0.4. I noticed that if they dont have anything to do and see something lying on the ground not covered by FoW (rocks? logs? whatever) they mindlessly go try pick that mess up and carry it to base even without any assigned task for that. Noticed that when saw many small yellow balls flying to my base from another side of the map...
  • ShatojonShatojon Administrator Developer Backer Wiki Editor
    If anyone can send me a savefile and logs when this happens, it might help us figure out what's going on.
  • 1st guy probably had something that blocked a path of bricktron so they'd go around at different path, or calculated that path through enemies is faster.

Second guy is having common MP issue (sometimes in SP) - When at least one chopping block is not disabled they can go anywhere on map to pick the closest log, even If enemy player chopped it and you scouted them. They carry Bricks - if you have build bricks task and ran out of close-lying bricks on ground or stocks - they can go get them from enemy base (maybe they prioritize lying bricks over stocks?) Or if somehow brick/log managed to fly from your territory to one of enemy's, be it just by physics or/and explosions.