Update: Version 7.0 - discussion

ShatojonShatojon Administrator Developer Backer Wiki Editor
edited July 2016 in Updates
Changelog: https://www.castlestory.net/en/news/6196-Update-Version-07

Discuss the 7.0 update here!

Comments

• kuzynnkuzynn Member Backer
    edited July 2016
    I can't change the graphic settings (quality). There is only one option - Standard.

#edit
    Also I had created a map. I tried it in Invasion and I can dig tunnels etc. Did you change that?
  • Do you have a discrete graphics card?

And for the map creation, isn't that expected? You can dig tunnels and so forth in all game modes now.
  • McC1oudMcC1oud Member
    edited July 2016
    I'd like the option of how I get my resources on invasion maps: Using set mines, mining the environment or both. I enjoy seeing the environmental impact of the world when the character collects resources ripping up the ground rather than having an endless supply. If this is about resource pacing, just make the resource much rarer to collect or create veins which have to be discovered.

Possible Bug: My created map runs good on normal difficulty but if I switch the game into hard, the invasion wave time gives a null value.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=717800633
  • ockpiiockpii Member
    edited July 2016
    This update is looking great, and it features one of the things that I've wanted the most in the game since I saw the original Kickstarter trailer, which is proper realtime movement of Bricktrons.

When I first started playing, shortly after the KS campaign, I was a bit disappointed that the Bricktrons took so long to respond to my commands, but seeing that you guys improved on that makes me quite excited.
  • ShatojonShatojon Administrator Developer Backer Wiki Editor
    Kuzynn, I'm not sure what you mean by "I tried it in Invasion and I can dig tunnels etc." - why wouldn't you be able to dig a tunnel?

McC1oud, hard mode doesn't show you when the next wave is. :)

Thank you for the encouraging words, ockpii. Optimization is a constant effort on our part and things will get better little by little.
  • NichouNichou Member
    Will be appended more graphics options?

I have a lowest computer and i was playing on fastest mode, put now just has the standart option :(
    Is there any way to optimize it?
    Hi Nichou,

I'll look into that. Sorry!
    @Shatojon
    So what's the point of premade mines if you can dig in ground? And as far I remember in invasion u couldnt edit the ground, only mines were available.
    Hi Kuzynn,

In Invasion, the only way to get iron, yellow crystals and blue crystals is the mines.

In Sandbox, there are no mines, so you have to dig these resources from the earth.
    Shatojon said:

Hi Kuzynn,

In Invasion, the only way to get iron, yellow crystals and blue crystals is the mines.

In Sandbox, there are no mines, so you have to dig these resources from the earth.

So tell me how Corruptrons can destroy me if I will destroy the path?
  • Can you push the update through to humblebundle? It's still showing the april update in my page :/
  • This has been requested, you can contact me via steam please. and dev is friend :P.

Thanks.
    edited July 2016
    kuzynn said:

Shatojon said:

Hi Kuzynn,

Sorry, I'm having a hard time understanding what you're asking. If there are impassable gaps all around your crystals and absolutely no way to reach you, then no, corruptrons won't be able to reach you either.

dacrian said:

Can you push the update through to humblebundle? It's still showing the april update in my page :/

So sorry for the delay with this, dacrian. The devs are working on it. We've been having issues getting the new build on Humble but I promise you it's going to be done ASAP.

lemonrev said:

This has been requested, you can contact me via steam please. and dev is friend :P.

Thanks.

Hey lemonrev, could you tell me what this is for? Probably best to keep it on the thread or support ticket you opened in the first place.
  • Shatojon said:

lemonrev said:

This has been requested, you can contact me via steam please. and dev is friend :P.

Thanks.

Hey lemonrev, could you tell me what this is for? Probably best to keep it on the thread or support ticket you opened in the first place.
    Original Steam Thread: http://steamcommunity.com/app/227860/discussions/0/358416640402729492/?tscn=1467787817

This save file is for me. I asked to see if LemonHead has issues with Bricktrons not being able to move around when there are a lot of Bricktrons assigned to a Construction task (Quarry). It was mentioned the issue is Bricktrons are not moving.

I'm going to look into this save file.

Shatojon said:

kuzynn said:

Shatojon said:

Hi Kuzynn,

Sorry, I'm having a hard time understanding what you're asking. If there are impassable gaps all around your crystals and absolutely no way to reach you, then no, corruptrons won't be able to reach you either.
    Ok... I destroy everything between me and Corruptrons' spawn, now I can survive infinite amount of waves? What's the point? Few updates before, blocks were indestructible and that was reasonable because you can't hide from facing the enemies. I can't understand why you allowed the destruction of the blocks?
  • When can we have our ladders back ? My archers are getting grumpier everyday.
    Hey emreakyel, there are talks of bringing the ladders back, but it's not as easy as it seems.

Until then, ramps or stairs are a good alternative!
  • I'm not quite sure where I should comment about this, but the AI for archers still needs work in my opinion. I was playing on the map Plateau mont-royal and my archers had a height advantage from where I spawned in. So, I put my warrior a little ways down the slope so he could stop enemies from getting to the top of my hill. My archers ended up shooting him multiple times in the back of the head and killed him, leading to the destruction of all of my bricktrons. uckily I wasn't even a half an hour into the game when that happened. The AI does seem like it improved a lot since the last time I played (About a year ago), but my archers still like to backstab everyone, including themselves, before I'm able to build a wall for them to stand on.
    Sorry to hear that, Power625!

Archers can be a little inaccurate, it's intended. They won't take the shot if they're certain to hit a friendly, but sometimes, crossfire happens and it's intentionally part of the game.
  • Hello Shatojon and everybody at Sauropod Studio!

I've got an issue with the last update, The new invasion mode is very nice but I was a little dissapointed that I couldn't build farther out from the crystal, the corruptrons spawned in my base! Any toughts about removing the spawn location closest to the crystal location you have ben given, if it is like this close?
    Hey dassmatte, the best I could offer is to open that map in the World Editor, modify it to your heart's content and save it as a new map. :D
  • Shatojon said:

Hey dassmatte, the best I could offer is to open that map in the World Editor, modify it to your heart's content and save it as a new map. :D

Ofcourse, however I might not be the only one who thinks like this and I didn't requested an offer, just to get my voice heard and a reconsidering from the developers side. So every "bug" in the map I find, I should throw away all my work, make a new map, and start over again? if I NOT have ben starting at the edge of the map it would've ben okey since my buildable terrain area is atleast twice as big as in this case if not more.But I think i know what to do if you don't want to change anything, which I don't think you'll do. I will build a big hole under the spawn so every corruptron falls into the void. Mohaha :smile:

• Hello Shatojon, I loved the new update! :D I know this is asking to much but can you guys add new types of creatures to the Bricktrons ? I really want a Bricktron horse to be added ;)
    dassmatte said:

Shatojon said:

Ofcourse, however I might not be the only one who thinks like this and I didn't requested an offer, just to get my voice heard and a reconsidering from the developers side. So every "bug" in the map I find, I should throw away all my work, make a new map, and start over again? if I NOT have ben starting at the edge of the map it would've ben okey since my buildable terrain area is atleast twice as big as in this case if not more.But I think i know what to do if you don't want to change anything, which I don't think you'll do. I will build a big hole under the spawn so every corruptron falls into the void. Mohaha :smile:
    Absolutely not! I'm sorry if that's how it sounded, very happy to hear your suggestions and thoughts! I was just pointing to the fact that we've now given you the tools to shape the game's worlds the way you like them and craft your own experience without the need to wait for us to release another patch, which, might I say, is pretty cool! :)
    Mikxl23 said:

Hello Shatojon, I loved the new update! :D I know this is asking to much but can you guys add new types of creatures to the Bricktrons ? I really want a Bricktron horse to be added ;)

Thank you for the suggestion, Mikx. :D No promises though!
  • Shatojon said:

dassmatte said:

Shatojon said:

Absolutely not! I'm sorry if that's how it sounded, very happy to hear your suggestions and thoughts! I was just pointing to the fact that we've now given you the tools to shape the game's worlds the way you like them and craft your own experience without the need to wait for us to release another patch, which, might I say, is pretty cool! :)
    I might have sounded a bit harsh, sorry about that, but what I REALLY meant why I don't want to make an own map is that I think it's more prestiege to do well on a map that is vanilla with no customization and that everybody that plays that map, play at the same terms, that sort of thinking by you guys can make PvP in this game a fair sport and you can have tournaments etc... :) however I tried it out today to remake the biggest map haha, and it worked fine ^^, I actually expected it to be alot of lag in the editor but it was as smooth as silk, nice work! :)