My Co-op and PVP invasion MP Mod!

MY CO-OP AND PVP INVASION MOD!

Hi everyone I'm fedex2118, I'm publishing here a mod I've been working for a while. I really hope you will enjoy it!
Description:
This mod actually modifies the invasion gamemode for multiplayer letting players control 1 crystal each and their own bricktrons and fight against the waves of corruptrons.

You can play it Co-op:

Or you can play it PVP:

Main features:

1) Your crystal can spawn into a different spawnpoint position everygame. (If you play PVP be aware that you can spawn near your enemy because is random).

2)The corruptron waves can be skipped by the Host. Every wave chooses randomly between all players' crystals so it can happen that for example 3 waves go to a player and only one goes to the other. It's Random!

3)If a player dies he will have only the option to spectate: if he wants to leave he needs to leave touching the home button on the top right of the screen. If the Host leaves everyone leaves the game, so GameOver! :s

Notes: I do recommend the Host to wait until everyone wants to leave or is defeated.

4)If your crystal is destroyed all the waves that are going towards you will choose another player's crystal.

Installation instructions:

I do recommend you to make a backup of your invasion folder before installing the mod.
IMPORTANT: If other players except for the Host don't have the mod installed they can still play it, but there is a bug occuring for them if they don't have my file: invasion_ui.lua. (The bug is that if the Host loses his crystal they will get the Quit Menu on their screens, so kind of unfun :'( ).

1) Download the file attached at the bottom.
2) Extract the files with unzip or whatever program can unzip compressed files.
3) Put Invasion.lua and Invasion_ui.lua into your Steam/steamapps/common/Castle Story/Info/Lua/Gamemodes/invasion
It will ask you to replace the files, press replace! Better if you have backups of your files before doing this.
4)Put invasion_fedex_PVPorPVE.json into: Steam/steamapps/common/Castle Story/Info/Lua/Gamemodes/invasion/Presets
IMPORTANT: If you're the Host you need to use this preset if you want the mod to work correctly!!

Comments

• A bit easier for the instalations is.
    1) Download the file attached at the bottom of this post.
    2) Extract the "Info" folder from the My Co op or PVP invasion Reworked Mod 1.rar compressed file.
    3) Go to your Castle Story folder by right-clicking Castle Story in your Steam library, clicking Properties, going to the Local Files tab in the window that opened, then clicking Browse Local Files.
    4) Drag the "Info" folder you extracted, into an empty part of your Castle Story folder. If it asks you to replace files, click yes.

This only works if you use this file.
  • Ty Matthew7991!
  • I am suprised that you didn't had that idea with the easy install by yourself since you commented on electroz mod
  • Sadly this is going to have the same problem as electroz's mod, where a save game will break upon trying to reload it. You NEED to give it a custom codename, or else it won't be able to load properly because it will try and use the default preset, disabling you to choose different teams or colors.

Follow the same guidelines as Matthew7991's install, and this will allow you to save and reload.
  • Ty Limeyhoney! I'm really sorry that I forget to check saves.. pls forgive me for that.
    I really hope everyone will follow these instructions and I hope you will enjoy this mod!
    Report here any feedback or any other bugs you encounter. I will try to fix them.
  • ShatojonShatojon Administrator Developer Backer Wiki Editor
    Very nice! Thank you so much for sharing. :D You should share it on the Steam forums too, you'll get more views there.